Our teaching, at all levels, is designed and delivered in continuity with our research.
In addition two of our Master courses are delivered also to non Philosophy students. You will take Logical Methods with students from Quantitative Biology degree, and you will take Probability Logic with students form the Philosophy, Politics and Public Affairs degree. This will give you a unique opportunity to have a multidisciplinary learning experience.
Laura Triennale in Filosofia
- Logica (A-K: M. D’Agostino, L-Z: G. Primiero)
- Elementi di Matematica e Informatica Teorica (H. Hosni and M. D’Agostino)
- Logics for practical reasoning and Artificial intelligence (Starts in 2022/2023 and is part of newly launched Bachelor in Artificial Intelligence )
Laurea Magistrale / Master Degree curriculum in Reasoning, Analysis and Modelling
- Logical Methods (Designed for first year Master Students, taught jointly by G. Primiero, M. D’Agostino, and H. Hosni)
- Logic of computation and information (Designed for second year Master Students, taught by G. Primiero)
- Advanced Logic (Designed for second year Master Students, taught jointly by M. D’Agostino and H. Hosni)
- Probabilistic Logic (Designed for second year Master Students, taught by H. Hosni)
PhD curriculum inMind, Brain and Reasoning
During the last week of January 2021, H. Hosni, P. Baldi and F. A. D’Asaro gave a mini-course on “Logic, Probability and Computation” to students of the Ph.D. in Mind, Brain and Reasoning. Click the following link to access videos from the course Topics in Logic, Probability and Computation, taught by H. Hosni, P. Baldi and F. A. D’Asaro.
In addition, we provide a practical laboratory class:
- Introduction to logic research, led by P. Baldi.
In this class, an introduction to the LaTeX language is provided. Note that this is an indispensable tool for writing a master thesis with us in logic. Here is a template that was developed during the class on the academic year 2020/21. It can be used for a master thesis in logic, and as a short guide to LaTeX. You can also find here and here the videos of the two lectures of the laboratory concerning LaTeX .