Marcello D’Agostino — Professor of Logic
Logic, Automated Deduction, Philosophy of Logic, Philosophy of Information, Foundations of Economic Theory.
Hykel Hosni — Professor of Logic
Logical Foundations of Reasoning and Decision-making under Uncertainty.
Giuseppe Primiero — Associate Professor of Logic
Formal Models of Dynamic Rationality for Intelligent Mechanical and Natural Information Systems, Semantics and Proof Theory of Computational Systems, Foundations of Computing.
Juergen Landes — Assistant Professor (RTD-A) of Logic
Uncertain inference and in particular, Pure Inductive Logic, the Principle of Maximum Entropy, general Bayesian inference and Bayesian inference in medicine.
Uncertain reasoning, Many-valued Logics, Logical Argumentation Theory, Game Theory, Theoretical Computer Science.
Proof-theory of Non-classical Logics, Computational Interpretations for Constructive and Semi-constructive Logics, Explanatory Reasoning in Logic and Mathematics
Modal Logic, Epistemology, Epistemic Logic, Many-valued Logics, Logical Methods in AI, Trustworthy and Fair AI.
Non-classical logics, Epistemic and Non-monotonic Logics, Theories of Bounded Rationality, History and Philosophy of Logic, History of Mathematics.
Alejandro J. Solares-Rojas
Information-theoretic Approaches to Logic, Semantics and Proof-theory of Non-classical Logics, Non-deterministic and Game Semantics.
Mathematical Models in Physical, Biological and Social Sciences, Causality and Epistemology of Data Science, Philosophy and History of Science.
Probabilistic Model-Checking, Uncertain and Epistemic Reasoning, Logical Methods in Explainable AI, Epistemology of Data Science.
Current Master Students
- Tobia Fogarin: Logical foundations of statistical inference
- Marco Larotonda “A Depth-Bounded Logic for Becoming Informed”
- Elena Milani Logical foundations of statistical inference
- Sofia Pierini “Conditionals in probability and logic”
- Pietro Pizzorni
- Lorenzo Tissoni “Church-Turing Thesis Formalizations”
- Pere Pardo Dynamic Epistemic Logic, Argumentation, Deontic Logic and Planning.
- Michal Fait (Jan–Jun 2019) Visiting from VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava