Marcello D’Agostino — Professor of Logic
Logic, Automated Deduction, Philosophy of Logic, Philosophy of Information, Foundations of Economic Theory.
Hykel Hosni — Professor of Logic
Logical Foundations of Reasoning and Decision-making under Uncertainty.
Giuseppe Primiero — Associate Professor of Logic
Formal Models of Dynamic Rationality for Intelligent Mechanical and Natural Information Systems, Semantics and Proof Theory of Computational Systems, Foundations of Computing.
Juergen Landes — Assistant Professor (RTD-A) of Logic
Uncertain inference and in particular, Pure Inductive Logic, the Principle of Maximum Entropy, general Bayesian inference and Bayesian inference in medicine.
Logical foundations, categorical semantics, mathematical logic, deductive systems, type theory.
Uncertain reasoning, Many-valued Logics, Logical Argumentation Theory, Game Theory, Theoretical Computer Science.
Proof-theory of Non-classical Logics, Computational Interpretations for Constructive and Semi-constructive Logics, Explanatory Reasoning in Logic and Mathematics
Modal Logic, Epistemology, Epistemic Logic, Many-valued Logics, Logical Methods in AI, Trustworthy and Fair AI.
Non-classical logics, Epistemic and Non-monotonic Logics, Theories of Bounded Rationality, History and Philosophy of Logic, History of Mathematics.
Mathematical Models in Physical, Biological and Social Sciences, Causality and Epistemology of Data Science, Philosophy and History of Science.
Associated and visiting members
Paolo Baldi – Tenure-Track Assistant Professor at the Department of Human Studies, University of Salento (UNISA)
Uncertain reasoning, Proof-theory and semantics of Nonclassical logics, especially Mathematical Fuzzy Logic.
Fabio Aurelio D’Asaro – Assistant Professor at the E.T.h.O.S. Research Center, University of Verona
Uncertain and Epistemic reasoning, Temporal and Probabilistic Logics, Reasoning about Actions and Change.
Alejandro J. Solares-Rojas – Postdoctoral Researcher at the Department of Computer Sciences (FCEN), Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA)
Logics for Computer Science and AI, Bounded Rationality, Tractable Reasoning, Proof Complexity.
Alberto Termine – Scientific Collaborator in Machine Learning at the Department of Innovative Technologies, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI)
Probabilistic Model-Checking, Uncertain and Epistemic Reasoning, Logical Methods in Explainable AI, Epistemology of Data Science.
Current Master Students
- Elena Bastia: Random Boolean Networks and Complex Systems Modeling
- Alison Bifolco: The Boolean Satisfiability Problem and Function Fitting
- Tobia Fogarin: Logical foundations of statistical inference
- Samuele Lothar: AI-driven scientific method
- Sabina Marchesini Reggiani: BDI Logic and Collective Action
- Edoardo Menorello: A type-theoretical perspective on trascendental logic
- Pietro Pizzorni
- Giovanni Sanavio: Probability logic
- Dylan Scinicariello: Decision making with severe uncertainty
- Francesca Serio: Logic of Perception
- Alice Turati: judgment aggregation)
- Pere Pardo Dynamic Epistemic Logic, Argumentation, Deontic Logic and Planning – Postdoctoral Researcher at the ICR Group, University of Luxembourg.
- Michal Fait (Jan–Jun 2019) Visiting from VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava